Friday, December 4, 2009

In the Aftermath

Second posting of our robbery incident...

First of all, many thanks to so many who have reached out to our family in prayers, concern and support. Our Ghanaian and ex pat friends here have reached out in so many caring ways and our friends abroad have made themselves available to help us in any way. So reassuring. We indeed have a great team of family and friends who love and intercede.

Reality sets in like a stone. The whole experience was surreal when it was going on and yet throughout the whole ordeal, there was a supernatural sense of peace of God's presence with us.

Things we have rejoiced over:
Maggie was surrounded by all three of our dogs while the thieves took Claire inside the house
She has no visual memory of strangers in her room.
Luke had a friend with him in his room so he was not alone when we left his room,
(he jumped from his bed to his friend's bed and said, "We need to pray."),
Claire was bold and protective of her kids and made the thieves allow her to go out and check on Maggie,
My phone which was on my waist but covered by my t-shirt rang just as they were asking for it and I was able to slip it off and slide it under the bed...they never saw it or heard it.
It has every phone number, email and address of all of our contacts in the U.S. and in Ghana,
Most especially no foul words were spoken, no harmful act of violence was ever leveled against us.

God was good, God is good and God will be good, no matter what. I have probably struggled the most in the night with memories of retribution but in my heart there is peace and I have no tinge of bitterness towards them. My anger rises up when I see Luke afraid in the night and needing someone to be with him while he is showering or going to sleep and him telling me, "I'll never sleep in my room again." I believe this too will pass.

Maggie and Claire are doing really well and each of us is dealing with this in varying ways...we were glad to have a debrief with a team of counselors who are experts at dealing with this very type of trauma.

We trust in Psalm 91:15 which says, "He will call upon Me, and I will answer him. I will be with him IN TROUBLE. I will take him out of trouble and honor him." We were in trouble but God was with us in it and will continue to be with us.

Thanks for praying

Michael for the Mozleys

No comments: